Send your suggestions for awards to: Editor@IOPDaily.com
The “HEAD IN SAND” Award
The council member pictured above demonstrates his technique
for taking a stand on important Island issues
including rental property excesses,
tourist related parking problems and so on.
*Evidence of critical thinking skills can disqualify
a nominee in this category, albeit a most unlikely occurrence.
The “FISCAL WHOOPEE CUSHION” Award
- for the genuinely comedic expressions of fantasy
demonstrated during Council’s recent budget debates.
Talent is not lacking here either – if one enjoys amateur karaoke.
The “YOUR LIPS ARE MOVING AGAIN” Award
Successful nominees for this award must show
aptitude for detecting changes in wind direction
and quickly re-directing their own air-flow in response
– another crowded field of contenders.
**NOTE: Award categories below have been suggested by readers:
*The “LIFETIME UNDER-ACHIEVER AWARD”
- a possible shoo-in category
* The “TRASH CARTS IN THE SUN AWARD”
or, The “R.I.P. ‘Livability Ordinance” Award
– for perfectly lousy support of residents “Livability” concerns.
Its enforcement is a bigger joke than anything on this page.
It is suggested the Council rename it the ‘Laugh-ability Ordinance.’
* And, numerous others we’re seeking the nerve to post . . .
Additional categories will be added – the competition is fierce.
. . . buckle up!