Nominations for Awards described below are being reviewed
~ Results to be Announced
The “HEAD IN SAND” Award
– nominees in this hotly contested category will be revealed shortly.
The council member pictured above demonstrates his
technique for researching island livability issues,
tourist parking aggravations, rental property excesses, and so on.
Evidence of critical thinking skills can disqualify a nominee
in this category, albeit a most unlikely occurrence.
The “FISCAL WHOOPEE CUSHION” Award
- for the genuinely comedic expressions of fantasy
demonstrated during Council’s recent budget debates.
Talent is not lacking here either – if one enjoys amateur karaoke.
The “YOUR LIPS ARE MOVING AGAIN” Award
Successful nominees for this award must show aptitude for
detecting changes in wind direction and quickly re-directing
their own air-flow in response – another crowded field of contenders.
ADDITIONAL AWARD RECOMMENDATIONS FROM READERS:
* The “TRASH CARTS IN THE SUN AWARD”
– for lousy enforcement of the “Livability Ordinance.”
Probably should just rename it the ‘Laugh-ability Ordinance.’
*The “LIFETIME UNDER-ACHIEVER AWARD”
- a possible shoo-in category
* And, numerous others we don’t have the nerve to post . . .
Additional categories will be added – the competition is fierce.
. . . buckle up!